I started off with some manilla paper which comes in the Stampin' Up boxes, along with a frame made from the actual box.
I stamped all over it using the big flourish stamp from Baroque Motifs with White Craft Ink. I tried using the flourish from Creative Elements but felt it looked better with the bolder flourish.
I cut out approx 200 leaves using Leaves #2 die (retired but there is a similar current one called Autumn Accents in the catalogue). I think I used about 7 pieces of 12x12 Whisper White cardstock.
Then I applied glue stick over the raised area and blinged them up using Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. This was the most time consuming part. I took about 30mins to process one piece of 12x12 cardstock into leaves that I could stick on the tree, and that was only 32 leaves!
Then starting from the bottom, I stuck leaves on the tree with 1-2 glue dots. I didn't want heaps of adhesive on them as I wanted them to stick out from the tree. I also wanted the background to peep through too.
I needed a platform to manage the tree by this stage as I was getting glitter everywhere trying to stick leaves on the tree :) so had a go at making a Lazy Susan using chipboard and Basic Black cardstock.
I didn't end up putting feet on it (was thinking about using buttons) as it is sitting nice and flat on the brad head.
Using the Lattice die I cut out 2 each of silver and champagne glimmer paper with a vellum cardstock square.
Using glue dots I stuck them all together alternating silver and champagne on each side.
The story I wanted to tell on the tree was that of the baby Jesus being born, his ministry, his gift of salvation through his death on the cross, rising from the dead and how people can accept his gift of eternal life (www.needgod.com). I found images on google which supported these themes and used My Digital Studio to made them the right size for printing. They were then cut out using Labels Collection Framelits Dies framed on Real Red cardstock. I printed out bible verses to correspond with each picture and cut them out with the Ovals Collection Framelits.
This project took me about 2 days to complete and stands 65cm high. Hope you enjoy!