18 October 2009

Lessons in Scrapbooking - Titles

The title of your scrapbook page is an important part of the layout as it often sums up the whole "feel" of the page. If you’re having trouble deciding on a title, think about song, movie or book titles, sayings/quotes etc. When all else fails try www.scrapbook.com/titles or www.theperfecttitle. These sites are sorted by topic so it's easy to find the appropriate title.

SU! have a wonderful range of chipboard letters and alphabet stamp sets available. I highly recommend the stamps as you never run out of a particular letter and can make them any colour! If you have used alphabet stickers before you'll know how frustrating it is when you don't have an "e" or "a" to go with your chosen title.

Which brings me to a wonderful hint. I still have lots of chipboard letters and stickers that are waiting to be used and I discovered that anagram-based websites for scrabble work well for using these up! Today I used this one, but if you google "scrabble word finder" you'll find lots of other pages too. I used it to produce this title today as I was feeling particularly uncreative. (Was very surprised I had an "E" left too) The photos are of my sister and brother-in-law when they lived down at Wanaka. I covered the letters in the co-ordinating (retired) DSP (yes, still have lots of that left too!) I was really happy about the way the flowers came out, I wasn't feeling like cutting butterflies out today.
I followed this layout for inspiration:
Stamps: Good Friend
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Spring Showers DSP, Very Vanilla
Ink: Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey Marker
Accessories: Very Vanilla 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Border Punch, Chipboard letters (not SU!), Crimper, Pretties Kit, Mini Glue Dots, 5 Petal Flower Punch


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great tips. When it comes to scrapbooking it's always the title I get hung up on.

    ReplyDelete